One day my mother came into my tiny bedroom to find me once AGAIN rearranging my meager hand-me-down furniture and book collection! She plunked me down on the twin bed and with a scowl on her face, vivid words poured out, "Sharon, people who are constantly moving their furniture are basically insecure!!!!!"
A little comment I remember well. And maybe there is some truth to it.
1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to rearrange furniture. We have been in our home for 12 months and I have explored every possible 'which way' to move the furniture around. Hubby always tripping over the latest "rearrangement."
2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to rearrange books, like pieces of precious art. Every room has a special spot to display books, some are funky, others unusual like my Bible stand from a Catholic church.
3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE journals, some of which are forlorn and neglected, holding but random paragraphs,while others are falling apart from use; some books are yellowing from age, others cutesy or sophisticated. They are all "part of the history gang." It is important for the journals to "strut their stuff!"
4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to rearrange my blog and website. But this you have probably figured out. Like today's new font. Do you like it? the color? If Blogger comes up with a neat font, I try it out. Next is experimenting with a myriad of colors. It is enough to make one dizzy or really wonder, "Was her mother right?" I do quite like today's font, it is fun to "mix it up" a bit.
5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read blogs. In fact it is becoming rather addictive, like not being able to stop eating Peanut M & M's. Never met a Peanut M & M I didn't swallow! Lets see, I LOVE blogs about food, cooking, photography, photoshop, painting, books, art tutorials,there is barely a blog or website I don't like.
(Right now I have to give a humble thank you to my aging computer for hanging in there with me when IT would rather be asleep.)This all leads me to sharing with you my friends a BRAND NEW BLOG.
If you look to the right of this post, you will see a sign for ARTSEE BLOGGERS. It is created by the marvelous and talented Geri Centonze
The very energetic, multi-talented Geri has created a space where YOU can visit the blog sites of hundreds of artists at one time; one-at-a-time. Better yet, if you write a regularly posted blog and create art in any number of mediums, you too can be a part of this. And it is all a GIFT from GERI!
I know you will enjoy visiting Geri's regular blog, My Heart Art by Geri. You might consider getting a drink of something delicious, putting the kiddies to bed, then spending the next hour or so delightfully following all of her wonderful nooks and crannies of blogger delights. In addition to her lovely art work, Geri is a self-proclaimed GEEK GIRL. She generously shares tutorials on all sorts of Geeky things...I am working my way through her offerings. Like a kid in a candy shop, I want to try this and this and this.....okay, I will settle for the Peanut M & M's. See you in a day or two! meanwhile enjoy Artsee Bloggers and see if you can find me there.